Friday, May 24, 2013

"M"y HEART is in my Studio



It has been several years since I had time to use my power tools & it felt good to get back in the saddle!


Sanding & priming, tedious but it does make a difference in the end.

I tried the much pinned about "floetrol" & I'm happy with the results. I went to my local Benjamin Moore for paint but much to my surprise they said due to contract disagreements they were no longer carrying Benjamin Moore... Rather than doing 2 years of research ( my usual mo) I went to Home Depot & bought Behr Premium Plus Interior Satin paint paint. I did 3 coats of paint. For the Chalkboard Heart I used Krylon chalkboard paint.

What a mess, I transferred the dots with graphite paper, need a better way next time.

I hung both using command velcro. This is my first time using it & so far I really like this product. Because I was hanging shapes instead of a frame I taped out the shape in the spot I was going to hang it. PS this should give you some insight to my personality....

No comments: